[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][mk_fancy_title tag_name=”h1″ style=”false” color=”#222222″ size=”28″ font_weight=”normal” margin_top=”10″ margin_bottom=”0″ font_family=”none” align=”center” el_class=”text-transform: uppercase;” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last” letter_spacing=”0″]
Career Opportunity – Pub Bartenders
[/mk_fancy_title][mk_padding_divider size=”40″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][mk_padding_divider size=”40″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text disable_pattern=”true” align=”left” margin_bottom=”0″]Oakwood Resort in Grand Bend is recruiting 2 Pub Bartenders.
The Pub Bartenders are responsible for the selling of food and beverage in Dave’s Pub & Grill along with the general service and maintenance required for customers of the pub. There Part Time and Full Time seasonal positions that require 20-40 hours a week of shift work.
- Must be able to work well with minimum supervision and be a team player.
Reports To: Pub Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following are the expected duties required for this position
- Responsible for reading, understand and following the Banquet Event Order associated with the function being served prior to service
- Required to set up functions and service in accordance to the requests made through the Banquet Event Order, ie, plated service, buffet, any special requests
- When required, responsible for setting tables according to the service requested on BEO
- Opening duties include, opening bar, icing bar, preparing all necessary ingredients needed for beverages, stock bar, check and clean if necessary Games Room
- During service responsible for greeting patrons, presenting menus, informing of specials, preparing all requested beverages and assisting guests as needed
- Responsible for taking empty liquor and beer bottles to the appropriate areas and keep this area neat and tidy
- Knowledgeable of proper procedure/recipe for drink preparation
- When required take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff and serve food and beverages at a timely manner, using proper serving techniques
- Work to use suggestive selling techniques when serving guests
- Present bill to patrons at a timely manner and accept and process payment for patrons
- Knowledgeable of liquor laws and Smart Serve techniques that are relevant to clubhouse service
- Responsible for preparing beverages for patrons
- Ensure that all customer complaints are relayed to Pub Manager
- Responsible for accurately completing end of shift cash out, by calculating total payments and reconciling with total sales.
- Responsible for ensuring all bills are settled as requested on BEO’s
- Required to supply self with a minimum $100 float
- Responsible for keeping all clubhouse areas, front and back, clean, tidy and stocked at all times
- Closing duties include, ensuring all side duties are completed for service for next day, lock all doors and turn lights off in all areas in pub, responsible for the mopping, sweeping , wiping , closing of bar, sweeping of clubhouse and Games Room
- Required to clean dishwasher sink and tap trough at bar each night
- Responsible taking any garbage to designated area
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment adhering to the legislation set out by Occupational Health and Safety
- Perform daily visual workplace inspections
- Attend safety talks, and staff meetings
- Participate in the accident/incident investigation program
- Conducts self with regard for safety of employees; is aware of safety and evacuation procedures
- Assist with the training of new employees
- Report to supervisor/manager any health and safety violations
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Assist with other related duties, as required
- As an Oakwood employee, responsible for the ongoing general appearance of the Resort property. This entails allocating found garbage in the appropriate areas.
- Minimum Grade 12 education; must be 18 years old
- Professional Certification
- Smart Serve
- No experience necessary
- Knowledge of food and beverage service techniques an asset
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- A second language an asset
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items (approx. 25lbs)
- Flexibility in scheduling a must
This is a full time or part time, seasonal position that requires 20 to 40 hours a week of shift work, Sunday to Saturday, depending on the requirements of the functions.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to provide a description of the principle elements for the performance of the job. All job descriptions are subject to change.
If you are interested please forward your resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″]
[/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][mk_divider style=”shadow_line” divider_width=”full_width” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″][mk_padding_divider size=”40″][vc_column_text disable_pattern=”true” align=”left” margin_bottom=”0″]
For additional information please fill out the form: