Career Opportunity – Pub Server
A Pub Server is responsible for the selling of food and beverage in Dave’s Pub & Grill along with the general service and maintenance required for customers of the pub.
Reports To: Pub Supervisor
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for greeting, seating and serving customers in the Pub including explaining menu items and specials as well as making recommendations and answering questions.
- Opening duties including preparing back area and bar, unlocking doors, mopping, vacuuming, other light cleaning, organizing chairs and setting up the patio when required.
- Accurately take and relay orders to the kitchen and bar staff serving food and beverage orders in a timely manner following proper serving techniques.
- Work to use suggestive selling techniques when dealing with customers.
- Present bills to customers in a timely manner and accept and process payments.
- Be knowledgeable of liquor laws and Smart Serve techniques that are relevant to Pub service.
- If needed, prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for customers.
- Ensure any customer complaints are relayed to the Pub Supervisor.
- Assist with group functions booked in the Pub including understanding group requirements, set up of tables, service and proper billing.
- Responsible for accurately completing end of shift cash out by calculating total payments and reconciling with total sales.
- Responsible for ensuring all bills are settled.
- Responsible for providing self with a minimum $100 float.
- Responsible for keeping all Pub areas clean and stocked at all times.
- Closing duties include ensuring all side duties are completed for service for the next day such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, other light cleaning, emptying garbage’s and closing of the bar.
- Responsible for any side duties such as filling condiment bottles, preparing silverware and other items needed during service.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment adhering to the legislation set out by the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Perform daily visual workplace inspections, attend safety talks and staff meetings.
- Assist with the training of new staff.
- Assist with other related duties as required.
- Minimum grade twelve education.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen years old.
- Knowledge of food & beverage service techniques an asset.
- Excellent communication and guest services skills.
- A second language is an asset.
- Smart Serve.
- No experience is necessary but previous restaurant server experience is an asset.
- This is a part time, seasonal position that requires twenty to forty hours a week of shift work.
- Must be able to work well with minimum supervision and be a team player.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items up to approximately 25lbs.
- Flexibility in scheduling a must.
If you are interested please forward your resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.